Ellesmere College students are celebrating today with a 100% pass rate at A level and BTEC Diploma, a pleasing conclusion to a very difficult year. The results this year are testament to how well our students and teaching staff have coped and adapted to increased levels of uncertainty, new methods of teaching, remote learning and self-management of their learning and teaching schedules.
University places have been secured that cover the length and breadth of the UK and around the world, and a number of students secured an impressive A*/A in all subjects with some completing 5 A levels at A*.
A selection of the Ellesmere 2021 cohort destinations and subjects in the UK include:
- Medicine at Cardiff, Sheffield, Imperial College London, Queen Mary University of London
- Biomedical Sciences at Plymouth, Exeter, Cardiff, Edinburgh
- Computer Science at King's College London
- Engineering at Durham
- Theoretical Physics at Durham
- Chemistry at Imperial College London
- History at Durham, Exeter
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Warwick
- Politics at Durham
- Psychology at Aberystwyth
- Economics – University of Central London, Birmingham
- Drama and Film at Manchester,
- Drama and Music at Royal Holloway
- Violin at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire,
- Vocal Studies at Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
- USA - Accounting in Nebraska, Criminology in Iowa, Natural Sciences in North Carolina
- Globally - Business in Singapore, and Medicine in Germany.
The Lower Sixth added to the celebrations with excellent results in their Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) - all students have the opportunity to do this qualification in their first year and it carries a maximum of 28 UCAS points (half an A Level).