The Ellesmere Swimming Academy caters for students from Year 5 to Year 13 and combines sport and academic studies in unison, allowing for a disciplined approach to manage the demands and expectations of both areas.
The comprehensive structure caters for all athletes from county right through to international level, whilst offering access to the facilities and our specialised performance swimming coaches.
Our Swimming Academy Coaching Team is led by our Head Coach Guy Worrow, supported by Performance Swimming Coaches Danny Proffitt and Mikey Hire. We are also fortunate to have Strength and Conditioning Coach, Darren Ruff working with us throughout the week to ensure the delivery of the gym programme complements the swimming training and helps our athletes achieve their specific goals.
The approach and attention to detail across the programme has enabled athletes in their time at Ellesmere College Swimming Academy, achieve World Senior Medals, International Junior Medals, British Age Group Records, National Medals and many more. Whilst we are extremely proud of the fantastic achievements, we have had at Ellesmere College Swimming Academy, the programme is and will continue to be centred around our athletes, supporting them in achieving their individual goals, no matter how big or small.
"To be the leading independent school swim programme in the country, recognised for our athlete centric approach".
We aim to achieve this by:
· To treat each student athlete as an individual, ensuring they have the necessary support and guidance to achieve their goals.
· To create a culture and environment that encourages high performance training and education.
· To build a community of student athletes that support, develop and push one another.
· To continue to develop our student athlete's enjoyment and love for swimming.
· To provide student athletes with life skills that will enable them to be successful both in and out of the pool.
Respect – Treat everyone respectfully and with the utmost integrity
Commitment – Be prepared to work hard both in and out of the pool (every lesson, every session, every race)
Trust – Have belief in the process and in your Coaches
Accountability – Own your mistakes and learn how to improve next time
Teamwork – Support, guide and push one another to be better
Follow our social media channels for updates on the Swimming Academy: