Ellesmere College pupils celebrate an excellent set of GCSE results published today. Over a third of all grades are the top grades of A*/A, more than half of all grades awarded are in the A*/A/B range. There were some particularly notable performances that are worthy of specific mention for their A star and A grade achievement.
- Charles Digby (Ellesmere) 7A*, 2 A's, Charles has already achieved A level Mathematics grade A as he completed year 11 and now moves onto Ellesmere College Sixth Form,
- Elinor Haworth (Ellesmere) 8A*, 1A and a B
- Libby Hughes (Ellesmere) 7A*, 2A's and a B,
- Kate Williamson (Erbistock) 7A*, 2A's and a B
- Sunetra Chatterjee (Ellesmere) 6A*, 3A's and a B,
- Elena Bateman (Cross Lanes) 5A*, 4A's and a B,
- Ellie Hutchings (Kinnerley) 5A*, 4A's and a C,
- Ciaran Gatenby (Marford) 5A*, 2A's and 3 B's,
- Andrew Nelhans (Penycae) 4A*, 4A's and 2 B's,
- Luke Parker (Ellesmere) 4A*, 4A's and 2 B's,
Many pupils achieved a high number of top grades and are now looking forward to joining Ellesmere College Sixth Form in September where they will embark on either A levels, the International Baccalaureate Diploma, or the BTEC Diploma in Sport.
Pupils in year 9 and 10 have also completed some early GCSE's and First Certificates in Spanish, French, Finance and Religious Studies with excellent results. Mr. Brendan Wignall, Headmaster, said "These results are a credit to pupils, to their teachers and, of course, to their parents. I am always impressed with how our pupils manage to combine achieving an excellent academic record along with maintaining their valued contribution to the musical, dramatic and sporting life of the College. It is always a delight to receive such a well deserved, good set of results and I congratulate them."
25th August 2016 Back to News