Ellesmere's educational philosophy is that we all learn differently and that every learning style is a special gift. Ellesmere knows that students develop at different rates and at different times. The support for each individual student at Ellesmere whether in learning, language or our successful Gifted and Talented programme, offer students the very best in education today.
- In Ellesmere's Lower School, with entry at every level from Years 3 to 8, the focus is on helping to nurture positive, independent, active and enquiring individuals.
- In Year 9, pupils join Senior School and the Ellesmere Curriculum begins with a broad range of subjects, which becomes the basis on which to build gradual specialisation towards the attainment of GCSEs.
- All Ellesmere students, of all ages develop leadership and entrepreneurial skills through team sports, the Combined Cadet Force, and the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, as well as personal confidence through public speaking initiatives.
- Those who join Ellesmere's outstanding Sports Academies, often go on to represent their county and their country. Students have achieved international recognition in rugby, swimming, sailing, canoeing, tennis and shooting.
- The Ellesmere Sixth Form also provides a unique set of opportunities. The focus is on academic priorities and achieving the best possible results for each individual, offering both A Levels and the International Baccalaureate.